In my 1Password Windows app, the Import option is disabled.

Options
gss1psup
gss1psup
Community Member

In my 1Password Windows app, the Import option is disabled. How can I enable that option to import my LastPass credential file?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:import option is disabled

Comments

• bvanderw
    bvanderw
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

I am having the same issue on both Windows and Mac.
    Using version 8.10.3 of the Windows desktop app.

• Hello @gss1psup and @bvanderw,

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles with the import option being greyed out in the 1Password 8 app. Could you each confirm that you are signed in to the app with 1Password account credentials? Once you are signed into the app, the Import option should be available from the menu:

Looking forward to your reply.

• gss1psup
    gss1psup
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help.

I was able to import credentials from LastPass using the 1Password web portal; however, I do have additional questions.

1Password for Windows 8.10.3 (81003012) is installed on Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.2486].

When I login to the app installed in Windows 10:

• When I click the three vertical dots near the upper left corner, both the New Vault and Import options are grayed out. Why is that?
    • I only have access to one vault. I believe only I have access to that vault. Right clicking on the vault name only shows one popup menu item saying "You can't edit this vault". Is that functioning correctly?

The 1Password website is malformatted as I see it in Firefox.

• Hello @gss1psup,

Thanks for getting back to me. Something doesn't seem quite right with the greyed import option. You should see a personal vault (and a shared vault if you own or are part of a family account).

If you email us, we can securely verify your account and help to investigate this further. Thanks!

Email 1Password Support

• cactusyoyo
    cactusyoyo
    Community Member
    Options

I just upgraded to the family plan and added my wife. She's trying to import her LastPass vault, but the Import menu item in the overflow menu is grayed out and disabled. There is an "Import passwords" button in the secondary nav, but clicking it does nothing.

What am I missing? Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.10.3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H2
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Import menu grayed-out in Windows desktop app

• cactusyoyo
    cactusyoyo
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind -- I hadn't confirmed her account yet. I'll leave this here in case somebody is similarly dense.

• ag_mike_d
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @cactusyoyo,

Thanks so much for your messages and letting us know that you have been able to solve your troubles after confirming the account for your wife.

We've seen some cases with customers not being able to move (import) data from LastPass to 1Password due to the option being greyed out in the app's menu. I've merged your thread here as these details may be useful for other customers who are still seeing troubles.

If this is the case for other customers, please be sure to follow the steps here to Add a family member where it notes:

Each family member you invite will receive their own Secret Key and create their own account password to use on their devices. After each account is set up, you’ll receive an email notification. Click the link in the email to confirm each account.

Do let us know if any others are continuing to have troubles.

• pd1
    pd1
    Community Member
    Options

I am a family member and my import menu in the 1password app is greyed out What can I do?

• GreyM1P
    Options

@pd1

Has a Family Organizer confirmed you as a family member? If not, you won't have the right access yet to be able to import. You should have received an email with the subject "Welcome to 1Password" containing a link to your Emergency Kit.

If you haven't had that email yet, ask the Family Organizer to sign in to 1Password.com and click the People tab on the right to make sure that you're not still marked as "Pending".

• pd1
    pd1
    Community Member
    Options

"Welcome to 1Password" containing a link to your Emergency Kit. This email has been arrived will chekc second option with Family Organizer

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @pd1, thanks for your response! Let us know what you find out, and whether you're still running into trouble with importing 😄

This discussion has been closed.