Auto-login when only one SSO option is available

When there is only one SSO auth option available as shown below - why do I still have to click "Sign in"?

It would be great if 1Password could automatically log me in. I get that you might want to prevent auto-login in some situations, but I think in most cases users would be happy with being auto-logged in. At the very least, I think it should be an option to enable auto-login on a per-item basis.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @fqrune,

My initial thinking here is that we wouldn't want to sign in without first having interaction from the user to say they would like to do so. That being said, I see where you are coming from especially in this being an optional setting so I have passed your feedback on to our Product team for consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to suggest ways in which we can improve 1Password, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB31806744

• fqrune
    fqrune
    Community Member

Thanks for looking into this. I think for sites that only have one sign-in option known by 1Password. It should either attempt to auto-sign or at least give the end-user the ability to configure the password Item to allow auto-sign-in. Without such a feature, the SSO sign-in feature doesn't really provide any additional value (unless you have multiple sign-in options, which should be much less frequent). But when only one sign-in option is available, whether I click the "Continue with Google" or the 1Password "Sign in" button would do the exact same thing. At least in my opinion :)

• Thank you for getting back to me @fqrune, I totally understand and have added this additional feedback to request which I have passed on to the team.

This discussion has been closed.