QR Code scanning not working

This discussion was created from comments split from: "QR code Detection Failed" message attempting to scan QR.

Comments

• smexhy
    smexhy
    Community Member
    edited March 2023

Did anyone ever solve this? I am having same issue on my M1 MacBook Air and all permissions are allowed. I am 1Password 8 app and trying to scan it from safari window.

Update: After reopening both safari and 1password app again, it works properly now

• Hello @smexhy! 👋

I'm happy to hear that restarting Safari and 1Password has resolved the issue. Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with. 🙂

-Dave

• bfernandez888
    bfernandez888
    Community Member

hi @Dave_1P @System can you please help me...I am pulling out my hair out over here trying to figure this one out. I am trying to scan QR code to set up MSFT authenticator using 1password and it keeps saying 'No QR code found for 2FA' even though the QR Code is literally present on the screen. When I click 'two-factor authentication' it takes me to a MSFT help page that is generic and not helpful. I looked all over your resources and did not find anything about setting up MSFT Authenticator with 1password...please help

• bfernandez888
    bfernandez888
    Community Member
    • @ag_tommy if you are able to help with the above. saw you on similar threads about setting up authentication
  • @bfernandez888

That's one of the codes I have affectionately named dense as in the blocks seem to blur together. It could just me and my old eyes. I've had great results by increasing the image size. Most browsers support command + + for an increase and command + - for a decrease. Also use command + 0 to return to the customary setting quickly. When this happens I increase the size maybe 3 or 4 times and then try again.

The screenshot also shows the Can't scan image? button. If you click it it should provided a code that you can past into the one-time passcode field of 1Password. Save the entry and then you'll see a one-time passcode you can use to confirm with the site. You'll most likely need to create the one-time passcode field.

🔧 Customize your 1Password items

• bfernandez888
    bfernandez888
    Community Member

thank you for looking into this @ag_tommy - I tried blowing up the QR code using those keyboard shortcuts and it didn't work. I also tried adding the one-time passcode field (both the one time code and URL it gives me when I click 'can't scan image?') and I get an error with both. This is quite frustrating. You would think MSFT authenticator is a popular authentication that is added to 1password, but I guess not.

Do you have a support line I can call into to do remote screen sharing with? Or can I screen share with you so we can triage it together?

• bfernandez888
    bfernandez888
    Community Member

it's also frustrating because it recognizes that it can be set up for two-factor authentication when I type in the following website URL - https://login.microsoftonline.com. But, it just doesn't work with. Google Authenticator worked seamlessly, but MSFT authenticator is quite the opposite. Are there settings I need to modify in MSFT to enable this for 1password??

• bfernandez888
    bfernandez888
    Community Member

Update - I figured this out for anyone that runs into issues with setting up MSFT authenticator using 1password. I navigated to https://mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info, clicked add sign-in method under security info, then clicked 'I want to use a different authenticator app' (very important step). finally, I downloaded the 1password mobile app and scanned the QR code that way and it recognized the one-time password.

Hope this helps others.

• Hey @bfernandez888,

I'm so sorry for the lack of response.

Thank you for sharing your findings, I'm glad you were able to get things working.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.