systray icon is inactive in Gnome/Ubuntu

andrex
andrex
Community Member

In the Gnome desktop, I have a 1password icon in my system tray, but it's inert. I right click, left click, double click, middle click... nothing happens. It used to give me a prompt to open 1password... now it does nothing. Can you help? Thanks, Andreww

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:systray icon is dead in Gnome/Ubuntu

Comments

• Hi @andrex! I'm sorry to hear that nothing happens when you click the 1Password system tray icon. Are you seeing any issues with 1Password 8 itself if you launch it from elsewhere? Are the system tray icons for any other installed apps still working as expected?

• andrex
    andrex
    Community Member

Hi. 1password works fine if I launch it from the terminal or system start menu. Yes, other systray icons are working, although I only have the usual system ones - clock and power menu.

• Hi @andrex, apologies for the delay in response here!

I've had a go at reproducing this on my end, and I've found that the behaviour I'm seeing depends on what the Click the icon to: setting under ⋮ > Settings > General is set to. If it's set to Show a menu, clicking on the system tray icon works and brings up a menu. If it's set to Show the main window or Show Quick Access, nothing happens at all when clicking on it, and there's no right click menu either.

If you adjust the Click the icon to: setting, do you see the same behaviour?

• andrex
    andrex
    Community Member

Hi, I finally got to look back at this. Yes, I see exactly the same behavior. Showing a menu works, but showing the main window (what I want) or quick access both don't work.

• Hi @andrex, thanks for confirming that you're seeing the same behaviour! I've filed an issue for the team to investigate further, including all of the details you've provided here, and the findings from my own testing. You can keep an eye on our release notes here for news on any upcoming bug fixes: 1Password Releases - Linux

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! 😄

ref: dev/core/core#21082

This discussion has been closed.