If I have a business account, can I share vaults with people with personal accounts?

Options
DTech
DTech
Community Member

I am an IT consultant and need to share passwords with clients. If I have a business account, do my clients have to also have a business account for me to be able to add them to my team and share vaults or can they use their personal accounts?

I am currently using LastPass but given their security issues, I am looking for a replacement. As it is now, I have a business account but can share passwords with anyone with a LP account, personal or business. I am looking for the same functionality for my new password manager.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can business account invie personal

Comments

• ag_max
    Options

Hi @DTech, welcome to the 1Password Support Community, 👋

There are currently two ways to share items with other people using 1Password:

Option 1

You can invite the other person to your 1Password account as a guest (as they're clients, you may want to restrict their access to a single vault).

Every 1Password account is its own isolated "silo" - so if a user has an existing personal account, they will not be able to access the vaults in your account from their existing account. They'll need to join your account as a separate user after you invite them.

They'll choose their password to access the account (can be the same one they use to access the personal one), and they'll receive an Emergency Kit and Secret Key. With these details they can sign in to the 1Password apps on their devices.

From there, you can assign them access to a vault and they'll be able to access all the contents.

Share with guests in your team

This option is great if you need to frequently share multiple items with other people over a period of time.

Option 2

You can use the password secure sharing tool to share a single item or document externally. This will allow an external user not currently part of your account to access a single item for up to 30 days, which may be a good option depending on how frequently you need to share something.

Securely share 1Password items with anyone

This discussion has been closed.