iPhone was stolen, now cannot install iOS app v7 that I need for my standalone setup.

Options
Karies
Karies
Community Member
edited March 2023 in iOS

I have a fully paid standalone family license, which I'm using with iCloud sync between Mac and iOS devices. Now my iPhone was stolen, and I can no longer iCloud sync between my new iPhone and my Mac and iPad, since version 8 of the iOS app is subscription only it seems (is it?).

Version 7 of the 1Pwd iOS app is no longer available in the Apple app store.

I don't have an iTunes backup with version 7 of the iOS 1Pwd app.

Does this mean I'm forced into subscription (via version 8) if I want to use 1Pwd on my iPhone?

Any accommodations for standalone holdouts like me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iPhone app version 7

Comments

• @Karies

You would need to download 1Password 7 from your previous purchases.  Apple Support - See your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and more

• Karies
    Karies
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Thank you, this is helpful. I'm impressed that Apple keeps this accounting of purchases (and now faintly recall that this actually runs on SAP).

However, the search function on the website 'reportaproblem.apple.com' seems pretty broken, as it yields rather unexpected results that have nothing to do with the search term. I searched for '1Password' and 'AgileBits' in a few combinations, to no avail.

I found an old email receipt over $9.99 for 1Password iOS (v4.5.3) dating from 2014. This version is no longer available, of course. Since that appears to be my only purchase of the 1Password iOS app that I can dig up, are you aware if there would be a more recent entry to be found?

P.S. I do have version 7 on my iPad, which shows as 8 in the app store to my puzzlement, but it does not force a version upgrade.

• @Karies

The report a problem site would likely be specific to Apple and it's services. True, older versions of the app that are incompatible with modern OS's are not available for download again. You would need to follow the documented steps on the device in question to locate the purchase. Please do that to check for your purchase of the app. If it's not available in your purchase history then I'm afraid that is the answer. The app is not no longer available for purchase. It can only be downloaded from the purchase history.

• Karies
    Karies
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Problem solved!

Thanks to Agilebits for keeping this an option and the great support (yours! :). Really appreciated in times of often heavy handed anonymous corporations.

Here is how I was able to install the old version 7 of 1Password from the purchase history on my iPhone:

From the App store, I went into -> Account (tap Apple ID image at top right) -> Purchased -> My Purchases and then selected 'Not on this iPhone'. Here the search worked perfectly, as you can see in the screenshot.

• That's great news to hear you could get going again. I hope you have a great weekend!

• Karies
    Karies
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Tommy! 👍🙏🏻

• I'm happy that Tommy was able to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.