extension for brave browser

Options

Hi. Using Zorin OS on older Dell laptop. Brave browser extension - when i click on it, it opens a new tab to the 1password website. Why? This does not occur on my iMac using Brave browser.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bobbycheetah , is it redirecting you to the 1Password website every time you click on it even after signing in?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• bobbycheetah
    bobbycheetah
    Community Member
    Options

No. I have to have the app opened and signed in on my linux laptop. But on my iMac, i don't have to have the app open at all. The extension just works. Thx

• Hey @bobbycheetah,

Are you seeing an error message at all?

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• bobbycheetah
    bobbycheetah
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Thank you for replying. I must have been doing something incorrectly. The issue is gone now.

• I'm happy to hear that everything is working now. 🙂

-Dave

• bobbycheetah
    bobbycheetah
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again. I just switched over to Google Chrome browser, and the same thing is happening there. I have both windows open - brave and chrome. The function in brave is ok.

• Hey @bobbycheetah,

I'm sorry that the issue persists in Chrome, I think at this point it would be useful to take a look at the logs I previously requested if you wouldn't mind sending them over.

Thank you!

• bobbycheetah
    bobbycheetah
    Community Member
    Options

I have not been able to get the logs yet. I plan on getting them this evening. Thx again!

• Sounds good @bobbycheetah. We'll be here when you are ready to continue.

• bobbycheetah
    bobbycheetah
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. When I try to attach the console and diagnostics files, it says format not allowed. Can I rename them and is so, what do you recommend? Thank you.

• @bobbycheetah

Please email us them to us using support+forum@1password.com. It sounds like you might be trying to upload them here to the community. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. This is for your privacy.

If you could include a link to this topic: https://1password.community/discussion/139060/extension-for-brave-browser#latest
    Your username bobbycheetah

• bobbycheetah
    bobbycheetah
    Community Member
    Options

ah ok. sent. thx.

• Thanks @bobbycheetah, we can continue to troubleshoot over email.

This discussion has been closed.