Touch ID not working on iPad

Options
WilburForce
WilburForce
Community Member

I cannot turn on Touch ID in the app on my iPad. I have to manually type in the password whenever I login to 1Password. Is there a fix for this? I have restarted my iPad and that didn’t resolve the problem.

<<<<<< 1Password app settings. TouchID — can’t turn it on: >>>>>>

<<<<<< iPad details: >>>>>>

1Password Version: 8.10.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.3.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iPad touch

Comments

• @WilburForce

Please check iOS > Settings > Face ID and Passcode > Other apps - and verify that 1Password is enabled there.

• WilburForce
    WilburForce
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_tommy for the quick response. I have Touch ID and Passcode (no Face ID on this iPad). From Touch ID and Passcode, I don’t see Other apps. I checked iOS > Settings > 1Password, and nothing about Touch ID there either.

• WilburForce
    WilburForce
    Community Member
    Options

Good news — I just fixed the problem by deleting the app and reinstalling it. Very happy now.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

@WilburForce

Ah, sorry about that I was just referring to my phone and typed Face ID. Whoopsie. Thanks for the nudge. I guess that setting is not there with Touch ID. Seems like it should be but that's another story for another time.

I had to go and pull out the iPad. I reinstalled 1Password 8 on my iPad and disallowed Touch ID. I was then able to turn it back on. Have you tried replacing the app? Being sure to allow Touch ID.

This discussion has been closed.