Kickstarter login autofill not working

Options
jeremywsherman
jeremywsherman
Community Member
edited March 2023 in iOS

I’m using 1Password 8, and some time in the last few weeks, autofill using the extension stopped working on Kickstarter. It offers my login in the dropdown in the username field, but no matter how many times I tap my username, it doesn’t fill in. For a while, it sometimes would show filled if I reloaded or submitted it empty, and then I could finish logging in.

It still works using the password extension from the predictions bar, though. I’m not sure how those two differ, but I guess they must.

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @jeremywsherman! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble filling your login into the Kickstarter website. Do I understand correctly that the issue occurs when you try to use the 1Password extension for Safari to fill the login? Does the same issue happen on other websites or just Kickstarter?

I tried to reproduce the issue on my iPhone but the extension fills my login properly on the Kickstarter website. As an initial troubleshooting step can you try the following:

1. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    2. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    3. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    4. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    5. Tap on the AA icon in the address bar.
    6. Tap on 1Password in the menu.
    7. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari with your account password.
    8. Try to fill your login again.

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• jeremywsherman
    jeremywsherman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that was a more complete reset than I’d tried to date. I usually just kill Safari and that fixes it thinking I’m logged out or something.

Unfortunately, I followed the steps, but it’s still not working. It reproduces across both my iPad and iPhone. It’s just so strange that it recognizes it as a login and password pair and offers to fill, but doesn’t seem to respond to taps on the item in the drop-down - it never dismisses the drop-down list.

• @jeremywsherman

Is the issue occurring only on the Kickstarter website or on other websites as well? If it's only on the Kickstarter website then can you try using 1Password for Safari to save a new login for Kickstarter to see if that improves the situation?

Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

-Dave

• jeremywsherman
    jeremywsherman
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve only noticed it on Kickstarter.

I tried saving a new login, and that surfaced what looks like the main problem - it seems to not be handling the tap event. The button fills in like it’s activated, but then hangs out colored in in the dropdown list.

If I scroll down, then back up, and hit the button a couple more times, then it finally triggers the save login dialog.

I tried the same trick with the fill option, but it never triggered; sometimes it even acted like I’d tapped on the password field underneath the option! I also noticed weird “flickering” around the dropdown disappearing then reappearing at times as I fiddled with it.

• @jeremywsherman

I still can't reproduce the same issue on my iPhone, can you tell me a little more about how you're using Safari:

1. Aside from 1Password do you have any content blockers or extensions enabled? Does the same issue occur if you disable those content blockers and extensions?
    2. Is this happening on an iPhone or iPad?

-Dave

• jeremywsherman
    jeremywsherman
    Community Member
    Options

It occurs on both iPad and iPhone. I tried with content blockers disabled and still saw the issue. Other extensions:

• 1Blocker Scripts (grouped with extensions, vs the rest in Content Blockers)
    • 1Password
    • Noir
    • PiPifier

Let me disable those and content blockers and see if anything different happens.

No change. I did try saving a new login and using that as well, after fiddling with scrolling and retrying got it to trigger. Interestingly, the Password didn’t fill in the password field by default:

• jeremywsherman
    jeremywsherman
    Community Member
    Options

At this point I do have a workaround (use the password extension instead), so if there’s no way to repro, that will have to do. I seriously have no clue how it’s behaving so oddly, doubly so since it’s just broken for me, but reliably across just my devices.

• jeremywsherman
    jeremywsherman
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Added wrinkle: If I tap the login in dropdown, then submit the form, I get back a serverside error “The email address and password you entered do not match.”…and both fields visibly prefill themselves shortly after page load with the previously selected login to work next submit.

• @jeremywsherman

Thank you for the additional information. So that I can investigate further, please reproduce the issue one more time on the Kickstarter website and then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• jeremywsherman
    jeremywsherman
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID: [#QBM-51347-411]

I disabled extensions except 1Password before the repro. At this point I have content blockers off in the Safari site config for Kickstarter, so they also cannot be interfering.

I also included a link to a screen recording of the repro I did before generating the diagnostic repro. That might help in roughly correlating events in the browser with the diagnostic logs, though only so much with the minute-level precision.

• @jeremywsherman

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will review the diagnostics report and screen recording and get back to you as soon as possible. Since we have a communications channel open via email I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: QBM-51347-411

This discussion has been closed.