can't enter information in 1Password on iPhone 14

Options
ronmathieu
ronmathieu
Community Member
edited March 2023 in iOS

Just bought a new iPhone 14. Entered many password categories with no problem. Came back to continue, when I clicked to enter master pw, got a flashing cursor but could not enter a code. I double clicked and a "Scan Text" box opened. I wrote down my code, scanned it, and 1Password opened. Tried to enter new items, and edit existing entries, but could not enter anything at the flashing cursor and only get the "Scan Text" box. Please advise. Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't enter information in 1Password on iPhone 14

Comments

• Hello @ronmathieu! ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'm sorry that you're having trouble using 1Password on your new iPhone. Are you trying to unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen? Or are you trying to fill a password into Safari or another app?

To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the screenshot.

-Dave

• ronmathieu
    ronmathieu
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave. Here's the screen shot of when I try to log in... if I click on the pw box no keyboard appears for me to enter my password, but what you see appears. if I click on the scan symbol and scan my password that I've written on a piece of paper, my 1Password account opens up, but again I just get the cursor but no keyboard to appear to type in any data... for a new entry or to edit one that already exists. I hope you can help. Ron

• @ronmathieu

Thank you for posting the screenshot. It looks like you're using an older version of 1Password on your new iPhone. If you already have a 1Password account then the upgrade to 1Password 8, the latest and greatest version, is included with your membership:

Upgrade to 1Password 8 for iOS

Can you let me know if you're able to install and then unlock 1Password 8? ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• ronmathieu
    ronmathieu
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I was. Thank you, that solved the problem.

Ron

• @ronmathieu

I'm happy that everything is working now. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.