Autofill entries not available in Quick Access dialog

Options
bzx
bzx
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello,

This worked fine in 1P7, no idea why it doesn't in 8, really bugging me.
I do have an entry not tied to any specific website, just with my address details – which I always used on all forms requiring such info (purchasing without registering, etc.), and it really worked fine earlier, I was able to access it from the menu within the field, and it would populate all the address fields. Now, in 1P8, there is this Quick Access dialog, when invoked, it doesn't contain that entry! I have to reach to the browser extension button to find it. Why did you disable this and can you please bring this back?

Thank you,

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: macos 13.2.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @bzx,

You're right in that details saved in Identity Items such as your address do not currently appear in Quick Access. I can however see where you are coming from and agree that it would be good to be able to fill these details form here so I have passed your feedback on to our product team for consideration in future updates.

In the meantime, you can either fill your address as you have been from 1Password in your browser or if you click into an address field you should also see your address suggested beneath the field so you can click to fill here.

I hope this helps, thank you for providing your feedback.

ref: PB32016215

• bzx
    bzx
    Community Member
    Options

I hoped that Quick Access can act as one of the methods for filling data, and that it would act consistently - sad to see that I have to shuffle around to achieve a simple goal. If this worked earlier, why break it?

Clicking into the address field is again another inconsistency as I cannot see my address as a suggestion for autofill. Disappointing.

Thank you,

• I'm sorry to hear that @bzx . Is the 1Password icon showing in the address field? Would you be able to share the URL of the page you're experiencing this on so we can take a closer look?

• bzx
    bzx
    Community Member
    Options

No, the icon doesn't even appear in the address field and there's literally tons of websites like this. For example, try placing an order on https://north.pl/ and continue without registering an account (you may have to translate this page).

It's the same for 1P7, but there I can quickly use the 1P mini icon to trigger autofill.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bzx, there would only be suggestions in the inline menu for email address and address fields. 1Password does not make suggestions for name or telephone number fields (which is what appears in the first three fields in your screenshot). The only way to fill those fields would be to click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, select your Identity, and click Autofill.

As a note, I did find the address field on that page from your website, and 1Password does make suggestions there correctly. Here is a video: https://share.cleanshot.com/4ZTQyvcs

I'm very sorry that there isn't a way to fill these fields with Quick Access. However, we have submitted feedback about it. We hope that there will be improvements to this. We also hope that the workarounds we've shared can be used in the meantime.

This discussion has been closed.