How to export a vault's items to a file while logged on the 1Password web access to a vault

Options
ozarkcanoer
ozarkcanoer
Community Member

I can't see any function to export a vault to a macOS file while logged into 1Password via Safari

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.2
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:a way to export a vault's items to a file while logged on the 1Password web access to a vault?

Comments

• Hello @ozarkcanoer! 👋

1Password for Safari doesn't include the ability to export items. If you'd like to export all items in your account then you'll need to install and use the 1Password for Mac app: 1Password 8

You can find our guide on how to export here: How to export your data from the 1Password app

Was there a reason why you wanted to export your items? In general I recommend against it since exported files are unencrypted and not protected by the security of 1Password.

-Dave

• ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer
    Community Member
    Options

relative's iMac and while I have him using 1P v8 I am concerned with him making mistakes and maybe deleting items or changing information like passwords, etc on items. I was thinking of doing a quarterly or more often complete backup of his 1P vault and saving in Backblaze for when-needed recovery.
    Since I can't do that via Safari currently, I'll do it via remote desktop access and do it when I access to assist him on other issues but the cognitive problems that are worsening are also effecting the relative's ability to do their end's connection tasks. Will look into Apple Remote Desktop to see if it can work without the remote user getting involved.
    Thanks
    Larry

• @ozarkcanoer

I can definitely understand being concerned about a relative accidentally deleting items. 1Password keeps a history of a user's items and has built-in protection against accidental deletion or editing of items. You can restore deleted items or previous versions of items using 1Password.com:

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.