To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

how can I provide negative feedback to one password?

Options
citylights
citylights
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Memberships

I find many of the functions on one password to be nonintuitive and difficult. For example recently I wanted to change my default credit card I had to try ****three times**** before I was able to accomplish this. I find this very typical of many of the one password functions. They lack normal human logic, feedback functions, and intuitive pathways. I am on many different websites selling, posting, searching and although I have used one password for many years I still find it not very user friendly. As a result I only get the most fundamental use out of it and would not recommend it to any one I know.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how can I provide negative feedback to one password?

Comments

• Hello @citylights! 👋

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with 1Password. We strive to make 1Password easy and intuitive to use and we're interested in learning more about how we can make 1Password better for you.

For example recently I wanted to change my default credit card I had to try ****three times**** before I was able to accomplish this.

Can you tell me a little more about this issue? Were you changing the credit card that you use to pay for a 1Password membership? Or are you trying to save a credit card in 1Password so that you can fill it on other websites?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• citylights
    citylights
    Community Member
    Options

Too many things are kept in too many places accessed by too many different functions and unique jargon. There is no one place where a simple all encompassing menu with obvious simple language IE: "Passwords" not "vault" IE: a dropdown menu that includes in the list the words "my passwords" rather than having to click on the one Password icon to get the prompt "vault" Ebay has one place you can go that is easily titled "site map" which takes you to a list of all the site functions. In one password you have buttons to click and different menus that come up when hovering or clicking different things. If someone is using your site frequently every day they will eventually learn how to find everything. However, for the casual user the learning curve is too great and nonintuitive. I only use one function on the one password site because I find it too frustrating to use additional functions therefore for me your utility is very limited.
    Thanks you for your time reading this hopefully you will find my feedback useful. Chris

• @citylights

Thank you for the reply. So that I can better understand the situation can you please tell me the following:

1. Are you using the 1Password browser extension, the 1Password 8 app, or 1Password.com?
    2. What kind of device are you using? A Mac, Windows PC, iPhone, Android, or something else?

Once I better understand how you're using 1Password I'll be able to better assist. 🙂

-Dave

• citylights
    citylights
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot recreate the difficulties I had changing my CC. I do remember that I was not getting the "install" bar to light up and it was not obvious what I had not done to complete the form. Often there will be a prompt of some sort that will indicate what had been missed. No such help was indicated on your form. Something happened by my third try that made it obvious what needed to be done so I was finally able to install the new CC.
    I suggest that under the menu function "my account" there be a tabbed area with tabs that can access ALL the functions of the site related to a personal account. "PASSWORDS" "CREDIT CARDS" "LINKS" "FILL INS" etc. This is how most sites I use provide one place to access everything I might want to do on the site.

• citylights
    citylights
    Community Member
    Options

Dave With all due respect are you an actual person or a computer generated (AI) responder?

1 I have no idea what any of these things are or haw to even find out what I am using. Your question is a typical insider question not accustomed to dealing with the average retail user

2. A mac

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2023
    Options

@citylights

I'm an actual person. 🙂

I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can take a closer look at how you're using 1Password. My colleagues will be able to help you get everything working and pass along your feedback to our product and development teams. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place.

-Dave

• citylights
    citylights
    Community Member
    Options

I am glad to hear that. Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to follow up on them.

• citylights
    citylights
    Community Member
    Options

Suppoet ID#

[#FKL-43225-885]

• @citylights

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I've located your ticket and one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible. To prevent having the same conversation in two places at once I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: FKL-43225-885

This discussion has been closed.