Chrome Browser extension takes 10-15 seconds on "Loading..." screen

Options
amatchneer
amatchneer
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I use the Chrome 1Password extension (v2.8.1) and for a long time now it has been very slow to open. When I open the extension it gets stuck on this loading screen below for about 10-15 before it reveals the password field. After that, it's pretty fast, but after 30s of inactivity or so, when I reopen the plugin, I have to wait another 10-15 seconds. It's very disruptive. Any ideas as to how to fix?

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: macOS 12.5
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• @amatchneer

I would recommend updating macOS to 12.6.4 if possible, moving to 1Password 8, those two steps may prove beneficial. In your screenshot it looks as if you might be using some sort of blocker app. If you disable it/them does it help? Please note Chrome also recently had an update. You may wish to also check for updates there.

• JoshuaKleckner
    JoshuaKleckner
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

This has been going on for me on a brand new mac with everything up to date for the last 2 months. Am experiencing the exact same thing as the OP. Also the extension doesn't have to wait 30s of inactivity for this loading screen to pop up again; just opening the extension a 3rd time forces it into the loading screen every time. I am not using any ad blockers.

1password version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.7 (81007041)
    Extension version: 2.12.0
    OS Version: 13.4 (22F66)
    Browser: Chrome 113.0.5672.126

• Thank you for getting back to us @JoshuaKleckner.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!

• JoshuaKleckner
    JoshuaKleckner
    Community Member
    Options

Logs and diagnostics sent.
    Here is the support ID number: [#EBP-55317-862]

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @JoshuaKleckner, I've located your ticket. Let's continue the conversation via email from there.

ref: EBP-55317-862

This discussion has been closed.