Chrome extension background.js logs and/or errors in console

Options
pawelpawel
pawelpawel
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello,
I am seeing weird behaviour with 1password chrome extension on Mac. After switching from 1password 7 to 1password 8 I also reinstalled chrome extension, which installed v2.8.1. While developing web app using local server and opening the app I can see in console log ~1000+ logs coming from background.js:
"sending message to native core <4260000733>"
or errors as per attached screenshot:

This is new and I've never seen that before using 1password + chrome extension for few years now and running apps using local server. I disabled all extensions (as per screenshot):

but still can reproduce the issue. If I refresh the page they're gone but if I stop local server and after some time run it again I can them on first page load.
I've found few posts (searching for: "Chrome extension background.js") already in here dated 2018 and 2019 mentioning same erros/logs but that was usually a result of turning on debugging of the extension which is not my case. I've never seen such logs before and when it happens it actually freezes the page for about a moment.
I understand that this maybe an edge case but also it's weird that extension leaks unexpected logs to console which is not the case for any of the extensions I am or were using in chrome.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.3
Browser:_ Chrome Version 111.0.5563.146
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome extension background.js

This discussion has been closed.