The vault does not show website password changes. Shows old passwords.

Options
bhbum
bhbum
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I changed password in websites and they do not show as changed in the vault. Old passwords still show on those websites. What should I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:vault not picking up password changes in websites

Comments

• bhbum
    bhbum
    Community Member
    Options

The vault does not show website password changes. Shows old passwords.

1Password Version: 8.10,3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: mac Ventura 13.2.1
    Browser:_ Safari
    Referrer: forum-search:vault not picking up password changes in websites

• Hello @bhbum! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not seeing the right passwords in 1Password. Can you tell me if you see the right passwords when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

If you don't see the right passwords on 1Password.com then how did you change the passwords on the affected websites? Did you use 1Password in the browser: Use the password generator to change and strengthen your passwords

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• bhbum
    bhbum
    Community Member
    Options

When I log in on Safari the change I made in an account (example: bank account) does not show in 1password.com vault.

• bhbum
    bhbum
    Community Member
    Options

I changed the password on the website. 1Password.com accepted the change.
    1/Am I to assume 1Password does not automatically accept the change when not logged in on 1Password.com?
    2/Does this mean the my 1Password account only works with Safari? I use Chrome as well.
    Please advise.

• Hey @bhbum,

It sounds like you may be running into some syncing issues. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.