To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password - Yubikeys and 2FA and what about Passkeys...

Options
dragon1
dragon1
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Memberships

Hi,

the last days I was trying to find out, if it is 'useful' to activate 2FA for my 1Password Account (with a pair of Yubikeys and/or other 2FA options).

Of course there is an advantage over 'not' using some kind of 2FA. But overall 1Password is also protected via their own 'security key' as second factor. That's a big one comparing it to other password-managers.
But what I don't like is, that it sits within my 1Password Vault > already put it under an other entry so that it cannot easily seen.

So I tried the Yubikeys and everything is working well, when connecting to my 1password.com account.

But what lets me rethink all this is, that if I loose a key (for example when on vacation) then I cannot access my 1password.com account until I will come back home to my other key.

At the moment, i don't think there are any advantages in using Yubikeys for 2FA your 1Password Account.

What are your opinions? And what about passkeys - will they maybe a good alternative?

Or just leave it simple and only use 1Password Masterpassword + 1PW Security Key to login (in case I have to).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.