Account recovery with Emergency Kits disabled

Options

Hi, I'm a team owner/admin just starting on our 1Password journey. One decision my team made as we set up our subscription is to turn off Emergency Kits. My understanding is account recovery (even a lost secret key) is still possible with Emergency Kits turned off, so long as we have at least one working Owner/Admin.

I'm trying to simulate this by creating a test user, "losing" the secret key (by switching to a different browser or device) and then initiating a recovery as an admin. Everything goes fine at first, the test user is able to set a new password, the admin confirms the recovery, then the test user gets an email with a link to log in. But the link takes them to a page asking for Email, Password, and Secret Key - but where's the new secret key? It's not in the email.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious. I also put in a case 123885.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• LieutenantLefse
    LieutenantLefse
    Community Member
    Options

Note, I can work around this by temporarily turning Emergency Kits on, doing the recovery, and then turning them off again. And once Azure AD SSO is ready it will be moot for us anyways. Still, if there's a better way it would be good to know.

• @LieutenantLefse

Thanks for submitting this to the team. They'll respond as quickly as possible.

ref: 123885.

This discussion has been closed.