Update Failure/Can't Paste New Pwd

Options
mitchr
mitchr
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Windows

I used 1P to update a pwd on a website. In the dialogue I chose to update a current login. It didn't save the new pwd that it generated. I've seen this before.
So I reset the pwd a second time, accepted the system-generated pwd and copied it.

When I opened 1P to update the pwd manually, it wouldn't leave the pwd field empty. I deleted the old pwd and before I could paste in the new one, it pre-filled the field. I tried this several times. In the end I pasted the new pwd onto the end of the pre-filled string and carefully deleted the non-pwd characters. When this was saved I re-opened the login to see if the pre-fill would recur, which it did. Interestingly, it used the same string in the pre-fill everytime in both sessions.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.3 (81003012)
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Win 11 Pro
Browser: Chrome
_Referrer
: forum-search:cant paste new password

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @mitchr! I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble updating an item, and when you tried to manually edit it in the app, the field kept re-filling itself each time you deleted the contents. Could you email in to support+forum@1password.com so we can dig into this further?

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• mitchr
    mitchr
    Community Member
    Options

Here you go: [#PFJ-26753-873]
    Thanks.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @mitchr, thanks for letting us know! I can see that we've received your email, and a member of the team has reached out to you there 😄

ref: PFJ-26753-873

This discussion has been closed.