Change default autofill behaviour

Options
Thomas1234
Thomas1234
Community Member
edited April 2023 in Business and Teams

Firstly I would like to say a big thanks for the "Only fill on this exact domain" Autofill Behaviour!

I like it so much that it would be a fantastic feature to be able to change the default of the autofill behaviour to this.

My company's use case is extensive dev work where 80% of the credentials use different sub domains of a single domain. Having the ability to default to "Only fill on this exact domain" would dramatically improve the workflow for our 100 strong team that has recently moved over to 1Password.

Is there any potential for this to be a feature that can be implemented?

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: 13.2.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• ag_max
    Options

Hi @Thomas1234,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and try the new autofill behavior functionality. I'm very glad to hear you're liking it so far.

My company's use case is extensive dev work where 80% of the credentials use different sub domains of a single domain. Having the ability to default to "Only fill on this exact domain" would dramatically improve the workflow for our 100 strong team that has recently moved over to 1Password.

Is there any potential for this to be a feature that can be implemented?

I can definitely pass this on as a feature request to the rest of the team for consideration. First, do you have any details or preference for how this feature would be configurable by your team? For example, would you want this accessible from the Security section of the 1Password.com web interface?

• Thomas1234
    Thomas1234
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_max

We have no preference on where the feature is configured in the app.

But maybe a dropdown under Autofill in Settings => General, with the ability to select your default "Autofill Behaviour" with the 3 options: "Fill anywhere on this website", "Only fill on this exact domain" and "Never fill on this website".

Thanks for taking the time to pass this feature request on.

• ag_max
    edited April 2023
    Options

Excellent, I appreciate those extra details. I'll go ahead and share this internally so we can potentially improve this and track further interest.

ref: pb-32211506

This discussion has been closed.