1password on windows signin

Options
JavCarden
JavCarden
Community Member

Avast blocked 1password update and I had to reinstall it. Now, 1password doesn't start on windows sing in. How can I fix that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    I assume you have downloaded the installation file from the official 1Password website.
    Try excluding 1Password in Avast.
    See : https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/antivirus-scan-exclusions/#pc

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @JavCarden, thanks for reaching out! If you take a look through your Windows Startup apps list, is 1Password in the list, and if so, is it set to On?

Additionally, as mentioned by @Ekalb (thanks for the assist!), we would also recommend making sure that 1Password (both the installation directory at %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password and also 1Password.exe) is excluded in your antivirus, to prevent any similar issues from occurring with future updates.

• JavCarden
    JavCarden
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! Thanks for the answer.

I did donwload the file from the official web. However, I did not exclude 1password in Avast. I just did. I hope this prevents this issue in the future.

On the other hand, 1password was not on my windows startup list. That's why I couldn't activate it. So finally what I did was uninstall everything and then clean the registry. Y rebooted and then installed everything again. That solved the issue. Thanks for your help anyway!

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @JavCarden, I'm glad to hear that all is now working again after a reinstall! Thanks for letting us know 😄

This discussion has been closed.