Ability to change default autofill behavior

Options

I just found out that 1Password has added custom Autofill behaviors for items, which is really great for my usecase at home and at work! I tend to have a ton of entries that are all tied to various subdomains of the same root domain. I would love to change the default behavior of all my items from "Fill anywhere on this website" to "Only fill on this exact domain", however it seems like I have to do this one site at a time (unless I'm missing the location of the option to do so?) Specifically I'm talking about this:

Here are my use-cases to explain why I'd like this functionality:

At home, I have a NAS running a few containerized apps for personal use. They're all exposed through a reverse proxy as subdomains of the root domain I've assigned to the NAS. I could change each login one at a time, but there's a lot and I'd also like to not have to remember to do this each time I create a new one- if there's any outliers I'd be happy to set those manually, but it'd be nice to toggle the default so I can "set it and forget it".

At work (we have 1PW Business), I tie as many possible services as I can to our root domain as subdomains (i.e. "billing.business-domain.tld" for or billing system, "assets.business-domain.tld" for our asset manager, etc etc). Because I also administer most of these things, I have a TON of logins that match "business-domain.tld" under the current default setting of "Fill anywhere on this website". We also set things up similarly for our customers ("product.customer-domain.tld"). If I could change the default behavior, that'd also be nice in terms of reducing the amount of visual clutter when I go to sign in to a page. (If I could also change the default for my other users as the 1PW Business Admin, that would also be super cool but I wouldn't really expect that to be implemented).

Anyway, thanks for implementing the ability to change autofill behavior. If this has already been suggested or if there's an ongoing thread about this topic already, feel free to close this out.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Version 22H2 Build 19045.2728
Browser:_ Version 111.0.5563.147 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Comments

• Hi @Wells,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on our new autofill behaviour feature. I can totally understand where you are coming from and you're right, currently there is no way to change the default behaviour.

I have passed your feedback on to our product team for consideration along with your detailed use case.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know ways in which we can improve 1Password, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB32192394

• brody
    brody
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to this feature request. I also would like to be able to change the default.

But broadly I am loving the new autofill behavior options! This solves what had been my biggest complaint with 1pw and it's a big improvement, so thank you!

• Hey @brody,

I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thank you so much for your feedback, I have passed it on to the team.

Have a great week!

ref: PB33080583

• jonfm
    jonfm
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this feature

• Thanks for your vote @jonfm, I have passed it on to the team.

ref: PB34558865

This discussion has been closed.