1Password prompts to "Save in 1Password" when it has just filled in a saved username & password

Options
Ward
Ward
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

On some sites, when I use Command-\ to fill in a login form, 1Password offers to "Save in 1Password" when it has just filled in the username & password.

This Safari screenshot shows an addition problem: The "Save" button nearly covers the "Submit" button.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.2.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @Ward thanks for writing to us!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password on the page in your screenshot. I wasn't able to get to the page you showed to do some testing. Would you be able to collect the page structure and attach it to an email which you can send to support@1password.com?

To collect the page structure:
    1. On the page exhibiting the behavior, click the problematic field so the field is focused.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    3. Click Help and choose Collect Page Structure.
    4. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.
    5. Attach the downloaded .json file to your next reply.

As for the issue you mentioned with the autofill menu covering the submit button, you can press the "Esc" key or click the 1Password icon to dismiss the menu. Additionally, you can use the following steps to configure the autofill menu to only appear when clicking the 1Password icon in the website field with the following steps:
    1. Right click the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar and choose "Settings".
    2. Scroll down to the "Autofill" section and toggle off "Show autofill menu on field focus".

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any trouble.

This discussion has been closed.