Chrome extension problematic now in Vivaldi?

Options

Delays more than normal and even selecting the autofill option (if it comes up after a delay) it still sometimes/most of the time not allow me to select. I have been ignoring it and working around it, but getting worse it seems or I am just getting more frustrated with it. Anyone else running the 1Password Chrome extension in your Vivaldi browser? It did not used to be this problematic...
5.7.2921.65 (Stable channel) (64-bit)

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Vivaldi 5.7.2921.65 (Stable channel) (64-bit)

Comments

• jmergy
    jmergy
    Community Member
    Options

I was running a beta chrome extension and swapped it out with the current release but will see if that improves anything...

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jmergy - Thank you for reaching out here. 🙂

I apologize for the trouble you've run into with the 1Password extension in Vivaldi as of late. I have a few questions to dig a little further:

• Does the issue happen on any specific site you can share?

• Or is it all websites?
    • Could you elaborate further on when and where you're seeing delays?

• Does the delay occur after you've just unlocked 1Password in the browser?
      • Or does it occur after your device has been asleep/screensaver on
    • When you can't select an autofill item, is that an existing login item you're trying to fill, or a new generated password (Autofill option 'Use Suggested Password')?

• Could you try creating and filling a login item on our test site here? - https://fill.dev/form/login-simple
      • Could you also try going to the Registration > Email page on that site, then click the Password field and see if you're able to click on 'Use Suggested Password'?

And thanks for trying to swap the beta for the stable version, let us know if you see any better performance after that, too.

I look forward to hearing!

• jmergy
    jmergy
    Community Member
    Options

Does the issue happen on any specific site you can share?
    All sites now.

Or is it all websites?
    All

Could you elaborate further on when and where you're seeing delays?
    Takes multiple clicks and sometimes 1Password entries will pop-up, sometimes not. Also, sometimes when they do pop-up for selection on the login field forms, they can't be selected.

Does the delay occur after you've just unlocked 1Password in the browser?
    No - unlocked all the time and still delays.

Or does it occur after your device has been asleep/screensaver on
    Nope, my laptop device never sleeps.

When you can't select an autofill item, is that an existing login item you're trying to fill, or a new generated password (Autofill option 'Use Suggested Password')?
    Haven't seen it on new entries all that much. The delays and multiple attempts are on existing.

Could you try creating and filling a login item on our test site here? - https://fill.dev/form/login-simple
    Will do.

Could you also try going to the Registration > Email page on that site, then click the Password field and see if you're able to click on 'Use Suggested Password'?
    Will try and respond.

I will also record a video on this to give you a sense.

• jmergy
    jmergy
    Community Member
    Options

Of course the times I do it now and when I record it, it works :)

I will try and replicate on this form and capture it.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jmergy thanks for following up 🙂

Of course the times I do it now and when I record it, it works :)

I know this feeling all too well! I appreciate your offer of the recording, and look forward to seeing if you're able to capture it.

• Do you have the 1Password app (desktop app) installed as well?
      • And if you do, does the 1Password app and the browser extension lock/unlock together? Or do they need to be unlocked separately?

I appreciate your engagement and look forward to hearing back!

This discussion has been closed.