Problems with "Sign in with" field

Options
xvimbi
xvimbi
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I can't get my head around the "Sign in with" functionality. When I add the field "Sign in with", I can access a pop-up menu with eligible records that can be linked. I am unsure what exactly makes a record eligible. For example, I have two ORCID ID records, but only one is offered in the pop-up menu. There are other records offered that look more like random selections from the hundreds of logins I have defined.

What makes a record eligible to be used as a "Sign in with" link? I understand that not every type is eligible; logins supposedly are, but then I would expect that pop-up list to be enormous. Is there are flag that I need to set/unset to have a record included in the pop-up? Are there any fields that a record needs to have populated to become eligible?

Also, it would be great if that "Sign in with" pop-up menu would pop up immediately after adding the "Sign in with" field, without having to click on the down arrow. I would assume that, most of the time, one would want to link a record right away, so - if true - automatic pop-up should be the default behavior.

Thanks so much!

1Password Version: 8.10.4 81004015, on BETA channel
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.3 (Ventura)
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• xvimbi
    xvimbi
    Community Member
    Options

In the list of records, for items that use "Signs in with...", 1Password always shows "Apple", even if the record is linked to, say, an ORCID ID. I would expect "Signs in with..." to display either the full title of the linked record, such as "ORCID ID (work)" or maybe just "ORCID". Wrong expectation? Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.10.4
    OS Version: macOS 13.3 (Ventura)

• xvimbi
    xvimbi
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

LinkedIn is used on some sites an an option for "login with" functionality. Please add LinkedIn to the list of eligible sign-in mechanisms. Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.8.4
    OS Version: Not Provided

• Hey @xvimbi,

The list you see displayed will show accounts you have with supported sign in with providers. You can see our supported providers here: Use 1Password to sign in to sites with supported providers. Does this answer your question?

I have passed on your feedback to our product team firstly on the extra click to display the dropdown when adding a sign in with provider and secondly to add LinkedIn as a supported provider.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

ref: PB32188129

• xvimbi
    xvimbi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @steph.giles! The list I see shows, in addition to the supported sign in with providers, accounts that are not supported providers, such as for a shoe store, a health insurance provider, and some forums that all use regular email/password combinations for sign-in, an ORCID account (but not a second ORCID account I manage), as well as some logins that themselves use a supported sign in with provider. I can't tell why these other accounts would show up and why then not all such accounts would show up, just a small subset.

• Thank you for getting back to me @xvimbi.

Would you be able to take a screenshot of the behaviour you are describing so I can take a look and fully understand? Please be mindful to mask any personal information before posting this or if you'd rather you can send it in an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread. Thanks!

• xvimbi
    xvimbi
    Community Member
    Options

I have sent a screenshot to support+forum@1password.com
    The subject line of the email is identical with the title of this thread. Let me know if you can't find it. Thanks again!

• Thanks @xvimbi

We have your submission. Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: CYV-37686-631

This discussion has been closed.