Feature Request - Leave 1Password open after accepting a PIN.

Options
msteinwinter
msteinwinter
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Context - Win 10 Firefox extension.
Case - User (me) clicks 1Password in the browser toolbar, gets a lock/PIN challenge, and responds successfully.
Suggestion - 1Password closes and I have to click on the browser toolbar a second time to open it. I suggest 1Password just stay open following the successful PIN challenge response.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: win 10
Browser:_ firefox

Comments

• Hi @msteinwinter

Thanks for writing to us.
    I'd be happy to forward your feedback to our product team. Is there any more info you wanted to include such as how this would improve your workflow or how it is currently impacting you?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• msteinwinter
    msteinwinter
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ChrisC1P,

This impacts me in 2 ways.

First, as a developer, I login to several online resources throughout the day. My focus is on the resource and how I plan to use it. Clicking on the 1Password tool in Firefox to facilitate the login is a small price to pay for staying secure. Being challenged to unlock 1Password increases the price by threatening to break my train of thought, especially distinguishing between the PIN prompt and the password prompt. But at that point, the app should be open and waiting for my command. In fact, I find myself pausing, waiting to see the expected 1P interface. Instead, I'm forced to mouse back up to to the 1P icon in the browser toolbar a second time. That last unnecessary (IMHO) speed bump always manages to irritate me enough to make me think more about 1P than the task at hand.

Second, to avoid the problem I set the lock timeout to a long period which reduces my security.

Thanks for listening. - Mark

• Hi Mark,

Thanks for taking the time for getting back to me with that info. I've gone ahead and forwarded your comments to our product team. Although I cannot guarantee if or when these changes will be implemented, you can keep up with all of our latest releases here: 1Password Releases

Let me know if there's anything else that you need.

This discussion has been closed.