Can't change forum password

Options
slittle
slittle
Community Member

I tried to change my password for this forum, however it's giving me this error for the New Password field The password you entered is incorrect. I know the current password is correct as I just used it to log in and copy/pasted it into that field. Thinking this might be a password complexity requirement issue, I tried several variations, but nothing has worked.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2023
    Options

@slittle

I can trigger a password reset for you here for your community login. You've already logged into the community so that will count as verification. Would you kindly reply letting me know I am good to process this for you. Thanks.

• For anyone finding this thread this is only applicable to the 1Password support community. We cannot reset 1Password.com membership passwords.
  • slittle
    slittle
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, please do that. I was going to trigger that myself, but wanted to let someone at 1pass know that the reset form may be broken.

• @slittle

I'll trigger this in a few moments. You should receive an email indicating that you need to set a new password. If for some reason that does not happen can you reach out to me via email using support+forum@1password.com ? Please be sure to have the support team send that message to me. That will help avoid any confusion or delay.

• @slittle

Done. Please let me know how it goes.

• slittle
    slittle
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I was able to reset my password using that process (your link had expired, so I made a new one).

• @slittle

Sorry for any confusion on my part. Did this resolve the trouble you encountered? If so, well done.

• slittle
    slittle
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Yes, I was able to reset my password using the Forgot your password? link on the login page.

• 👍🏻

This discussion has been closed.