Trying to download 1password for windows and it is telling me it will take 2 hours to download

Options
Zach488
Zach488
Community Member

trying to download 1password for windows and it is telling me it will take 2 hours to download a 127mb file, doesn't sound right

Is there any alternative link I can use to download it As this is ridiculous

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:trying to download 1password for windows and it is telling me it will take 2 hours to download a 127mb file, doesn't sound right

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Zach488, thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing a 2 hour download time for 1Password 8. Is this occurring when downloading directly from our downloads page?

Is your internet connection otherwise fast and reliable? Are you seeing similarly excessive download times elsewhere too, or only when downloading 1Password? Do you use any network- or security-related apps or extensions that might be slowing things down, for example a VPN or antivirus?

• Zach488
    Zach488
    Community Member
    Options

I am getting around 80mbps, other downloads are extremely fast only from the 1Password link found on the website it is slow.

• Hello again @Zack488,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry for the delay and any continued troubles with the download speeds from 1Password.com. Are you still seeing troubles?

I don't recall seeing any other reports of delays or slow speeds. If you are seeing troubles, as a test are you able to connect your device to a different network such as a mobile hotspot and try again to see if this improves things?

Looking forward to your reply.

This discussion has been closed.