Prompted for password in Safari

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Password is required nearly EVERY time on my iPad. HELP.

Comments

• hextejas
    hextejas
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem with Safari. Asking for password every time.

• Hello @hextejas! 👋

I'm split your comment into a separate thread. When filling a password into Safari are you using Password AutoFill (the prompt that appears above the keyboard) or the Safari browser extension (the suggestion appears in a menu below the password field)? Descriptions of both are here:

Do you have Touch ID or Face ID enabled for 1Password on your device? Are you able to use Touch ID / Face ID to unlock the main 1Password app?

-Dave

• hextejas
    hextejas
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Dave and I apologize for the delay. Too much going on at home.
    Now as to your 2 suggestions:

Password autofill is correct.
    Safari is not as I don’t have neither the Aa nor the little puzzle thingie in the address bar.

Touched is not on and I don’t know where to find faceid.

IOS is 16.3.1

Thank you again.
    George

• @hextejas

Thank you for the reply. If you don't have Face ID / Touch ID enabled then it's expected behaviour that you'll be prompted for your account password each time that you fill a username or password using Password AutoFill. If your device supports it then you can enable Face ID / Touch ID unlock so that you can unlock 1Password using your face or fingerprint rather than entering your account password:

You can also enable PIN unlock for 1Password: Use your device passcode to unlock 1Password for iOS

Alternatively, you can use 1Password for Safari instead of Password AutoFill to fill logins. 1Password for Safari won't require that you unlock 1Password each time that you use it. You can enable 1Password for Safari by following these steps:

1. Tap on the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
    2. Scroll down and tap on Safari.
    3. Tap on Extensions.
    4. Tap on 1Password.
    5. Turn 1Password on if it isn't on already.
    6. Make sure that all of the websites listed on this page are set to "Allow" including Other Websites.

Then try to fill a login using these steps: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

Let me know if you run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.