React re-rendering causing autocomplete suggestion issue

Options
sauravmaiti
sauravmaiti
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have a credit card number input field that needs to have a thicker border on click. We are using react useState hook to change the border on click event. This results in the 1Password credit card details autofill to show for a moment and disappear. Has there been a change recently that has broken this functionality?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: Windows
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• sauravmaiti
    sauravmaiti
    Community Member
    Options

Works fine with LastPass and Chrome autofill.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi there @sauravmaiti - thanks for reaching out to us here. 🙂

I'm sorry for any disruption in your workflow caused by this behaviour. We do have an internal report for some web elements/events that can create issues focusing and interacting with our autofill menu (such as this one). Personally, I'm not as familiar with useState, but it sounds like this hook and related event is manifesting in the same way. To confirm a bit further I have a couple questions:

• Could you share a link to the website so we can do some testing on our end?
    • If you left click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar > select the Credit Card item > click 'Autofill' > does it fill the credit card number as expected?

I look forward to hearing from you!

ref: dev/core/core#1088

• sauravmaiti
    sauravmaiti
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, we had to remove the on click animation for now until this issue is fixed at your end. So, I won't be able to share the link. Also, it does fill it correctly, when I use the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @sauravmaiti thank you for getting back on this.

Despite the alternative filling method working, I'm truly sorry to hear you've had to alter the development on your end due to this issue. I can understand where you're coming from, and I'm hopeful we will see some improvement in handling these elements in the near future - I'll do my best to advocate on your behalf to the team here. I'd also recommend keeping an eye on our releases page for related updates in the future.

Thanks for your continued support of 1Password, and let us know if we can assist further in any way. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.