keep getting prompted for Azure Sign-in or live sign in moving between tabs

Options
jdoug
jdoug
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

1password wants to keep prompting me to sign (already am) when I move between tabs in azure and my live.com/o356 account. how do I stop this. What am I missing or doing wrong.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win10
Browser:_ msft edge

Comments

• Hello @jdoug,

Thanks for your question.

Could you provide some more details and confirm if you are referring to 1Password, the app or extension, that is asking you to sign in again with your account password? Or, are you referring to Azure/the live.com account that asking you to sign in again? If you could provide a screenshot of what you are seeing, that could be helpful. When sending a screenshot, please be sure to redact any personal or private information such as your Secret Key.

Looking forward to your reply.

• jdoug
    jdoug
    Community Member
    Options

it's the app extension for chrome/edge, etc. Recently 1password. 1password released a feature that makes SSO into azure, google, and others more integrated . since that feature was released or updated in the last 30 days, I have seen this annoyance.

• Thanks for getting back to us @jdoug

I believe you've bumped into an issue we are aware of with Azure where the sign in with prompt will appear on every page. Our development team is currently looking into that. I'm sorry for any trouble caused in your workflow. I've added your insight as the team here works to improve this case.

If it is causing you bother you can disable the 'Sign in with' prompts altogether with these steps:

1. Open your browser, right click the 1Password icon in the toolbar and choose 'Settings'
    2. Under autofill toggle off 'Offer to save new provider sign ins'

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions!

ref: dev/core/core#18917

• jdoug
    jdoug
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the "work-around" and update on the issue!

• You're welcome @jdoug, I'm sorry for the disruption.

• jwhazel
    jwhazel
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to bump this issue. I've noticed it for awhile now and today it started to finally annoy me. The dialog appears every time I refresh an Azure page even though I'm already logged in. It seems this bug might affect other sites with SSO. Maybe create a customizable blacklist for the browser plugin in the settings?

• Hey @jwhazel,

Apologies for the trouble, I have added you as an affected user to the internal issue we are working on.

If it is proving to be problematic for you I advise disabling the 'Sign in with' prompts altogether with these steps:

1. Open your browser, right click the 1Password icon in the toolbar and choose 'Settings'
    2. Under autofill toggle off 'Offer to save new provider sign ins'

Thank you for your patience

ref: dev/core/core#18917

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the workaround, @steph.giles . I'm running multiple Edge profiles and this has been driving me slightly mad - especially since it also 'locks' 1Password Desktop app, so all my auto-generated passwords are suddenly a serious blocker. I'll update all browser profiles with the workaround.

I've also bookmarked this conversation. Hopefully you get it sorted out quickly.

Thanks for the good work.

• Thank you for your understanding @Wilhelm and I'm sorry for the disruption caused.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

Btw, @steph.giles , for what it's worth, I've made a short video clip of exactly what happens.
    The only way to get out of that predicament, is to launch Quick Access, and manually step through the password and one-time code.
    Let me know if you're interested, then we can arrange a way to share it.
    Thanks.

• Thanks @Wilhelm, I'd be interested to take a look.

Can you attach it to an email addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread? We can then report your findings in the internal issue.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @steph.giles . All done. Reference number [#KYW-94372-987].

• Thank you @Wilhelm!

ref: KYW-94372-987

This discussion has been closed.