scim bridge : DNS record

Options
jasonheaney
jasonheaney
Community Member

Hello,
I am in need of some clarification about the DNS record creation for setting up the SCIM Bridge in Google. It states to point to the IP address of the host. I take it that is the IP Address of the host for our domain?

Also, I presume I create a TXT record for it.. EX: type: TXT name: (scim bridge name) data: (IP address of the host for our domain)

Comments

• Hi @jasonheaney:

Great question. If by "host for your domain" you mean the IP address where your 1Password SCIM Bridge is available, then that's correct.

Depending on your deployment option, this would be the LoadBalancer service's IP from Kubernetes, the load balancer IP shown in Digital Ocean, or the public IP shown in Google Cloud Platform, to name a few possibilities

This should be an A record with a name like scim.example.com, pointing at the IP address of the bridge. If you're still having trouble, please reach out to us directly at support+forum@1password.com, and we'll be able to take a closer look.

Jack

• jasonheaney
    jasonheaney
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Thank you Jack. We are using Google Cloud. I am not sure by the example DNS A record name what to put. do I put op-scim-bridge-1.(not sure on which domain name is needed).com.

For a person that has never done a SCIM Bridge set up. The instructions aren't really comprehensive.

This discussion has been closed.