To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Desperately need help. Locked out (2FA), have Emergency Certificate and info

Options
Szek
Szek
Community Member

Hey folks,

I did something so foolish. I switched from Dashlane yesterday to 1password. I imported my nearly 300 passwords etc and nuked my Dashlane vault.

I made sure to keep my emergency key and certificate safe etc. But I made one really foolish mistake. I added 2fa for my 1password account and did so from within the 1password android app and nowhere else.

I currently operate 100% off my android smartphone and thus I never logged in on any other device.

I decided to wipe my phone and start fresh and secure and now I cannot get back into my 1password.

I sent a support email but I have not heard back, I am unable to access projects i have been working on for clients who expect transparency.

My apologies as I know this was entirely my own fault, but I am in a somewhat urgent situation.

I would appreciate any support you can offer, I can provide any means of account verification needed.

Thank you

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Szek

Someone from our team will contact you via email. We cannot assist you with this here. email is the only option. Please wait for a reply from the team. Do you happen to have a support id from your submission? Can you share it with me? Thanks.

• Szek
    Szek
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response.

I managed to solve my issue by being lucky. By chance I had not purged the CSV dumps from Dashlane and I was able to request account deletion from 1Password and recreated my account with the original exports from dash.

I appreciate your response but you can disregard.

• Sounds good @Szek

Did you have that support id? I can add a note to it for the team. That's if you've not already sent a message. Thanks.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

For the future, I recommend you print the QR code for the 1Password mfa activation as backup, so you can scan it any time later again with any different authenticator app. These QR codes with the mfa secret are not onetime images, they can be scanned again and as often as needed. Put it in your paper documents along with a printed copy of your emergency kit.

• A superb suggestion @Tertius3

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

I would also ask, what is your use case to use 2FA on your 1Password account? As this will only come into play when you need to log onto a new device.

This discussion has been closed.