Date format 1Password for Android

This discussion was created from comments split from: Unbind date/time and number formatting from language settings.

Comments

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member

In 1Password for Android 8.10.1, I am seeing DD-MM-YYYY when creating a new item (extremely weird to me), and YYYY-MM-DD when viewing a saved item.

My phone language is set to English (United States), and 1Password→Settings→Advanced→Language is set to "Use system defaults", so by default I'd expect to see the US convention MM-DD-YYYY.

My personal preference would be to follow the ISO format YYYY-MM-DD everywhere all the time, not the regular US convention. But I definitely don't want to see DD-MM-YYYY anywhere.

• Hi @nukmicah, thanks for writing in.

Dates in 1Password for Android do not adhere to system settings and follow the ordering you mentioned. I would certainly agree either adhering to system settings or providing the option to set a date format manually would be helpful. Regardless it shouldn't be switched around while editing.

I've gone ahead and filed a report with the team so we can take a look at this and work towards more consistent dates in the future. Thanks again!

ref: 32449974

This discussion has been closed.