1pw content doesn't match between mac app and brave browser plug in

Options
AmyO
AmyO
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

When I try to sign into websites 1pw says no data found but it exists on my app on the mac but not in the browser. Is there a way to compare?

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: Ventura 13.2.1
Browser:_ Brave
Referrer: forum-search:I use 1pw on my mac and brave browser and content doesn't match

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AmyO, sorry about the issue with 1Password in your browser. While you have the latest version of the extension, it does appear that the 1Password app on your computer needs to be updated to version 8.10.4. Could you update the app and see if the data from the app sync to the extension?

Here's how to update the app: https://support.1password.com/update-1password/

If your logins still do not appear through the extension, then I'd like to ask a few questions:

1. Did this issue just occur recently, or have you always had some trouble with the logins in your extension?
    2. Although the inline menu doesn't show any logins, does the extension popup show your logins?
    • Click on the 1Password extension icon in your browser's toolbar while you're on a website to see if your login is suggested there.
    1. Does the issue happen on just a couple of websites, or does it happen on all your websites?
    2. Do the logins for those websites also appear in your account at 1Password.com?
    • Please sign in and let us know, so that we can determine if the issue is with the 1Password app not syncing properly.
    1. Do you ever run into trouble with saving logins or filling suggested passwords?

Let us know how things go. We look forward to hearing back.

• krischik
    krischik
    Community Member
    Options

I got the same problem.

Desktop: 1Password for Mac 8.10.6 (81006027)
    Browser: 1Password – Passwort-Manager Version 2.10.0

1. Problem persist for a while
    2. Neither show the correct Login
    3. Happens to all new or updated websites.
    4. Entries in account are up to date
    5. Yes, I got quite a lot of “can't save” error message in the extension.
  • Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @krischik, sorry to hear about the troubles you've encountered. It sounds like there might be an issue with the extension syncing to our server to display the most current set of your data. This could also cause issues with saving and updating your logins. Could you try the following to re-sync your account and see if it helps?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Go back to General, and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".
      • If you don't have the 1Password app installed, you can skip step 5 and leave app integration disabled.

After that, please test things out by saving a new login. If you still get the "unable to save item" error, then I'd like for you to try the beta version of the extension.

Here's how to get the beta extension: 1Password beta

Let us know how things go!

• krischik
    krischik
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks that worked

• On behalf of @Joy_1P , you're most welcome, @krischik! It's great to hear that those steps resolved things for you.

If there's anything else we can help you with, let us know. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.