Markdown on the web?

Options

Hello.
Markdown is still not supported on the web interface of 1password.com.
I have been reading threads about this issue dating back to 2019, like this one https://1password.community/discussion/101899/markdown-display-in-browsers-and-windows.
We are in 2023 and after all these years the correct displaying of markdown should be uniform across all the clients, including the web interface.
Any comments about this?
Atm I am not using markdown because of this.
Thank you.

1Password Version: macOS 8.10.4 (81004032)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Thorz,

I totally agree that it would be great for markdown to be supported across all platforms including 1Password.com.

We appreciate you taking the time to suggest ways in which we can improve 1Password and whilst I can't comment on if or when this will be implemented I have passed your feedback on to our product team.

If you can provide any further information on how this impacts your workflow I will be happy to pass this on. Our product team love to hear specific use cases from customers, so any detail you can provide on that front will add extra weight to your feedback.

Thank you!

ref: PB32393920

• Thorz
    Thorz
    Community Member
    Options

Since I am a new user I was excited to see that markdown was supported on the notes, the possibilities look great to give rich formatting to the note entries, and since the markdown support is enabled by default on both the clients and the browser extensions I thought that this could be the way ahead. Luckily I found on time that the feature isn't yet supported across the board.

Until this happens I decided to just continue using plain text for my notes as I have been doing on my previous password manager.

• Thanks @Thorz

I've updated Steph's submission on your behalf.

This discussion has been closed.