Shared account for Ipad

Options
Redcap
Redcap
Community Member
edited April 2023 in iOS

I have a 1Password family subscription, and have 1 of 5 accounts left.
I'm thinking about the idea to create a 5th 1Password account and use that one on shared family devices such as an Ipad.
This has the advantage that you can use the standard shared vault, but also share items in other vaults (such as a parents only vault) via a "shared link". I don't want to share the complete parents vault on the Ipad.

Question I have here. I know that encrypted version of the secret key is automatically shared between IOS devices which use the same Apple ID and who have Icloud Keychain enabled.
Would that conflict with the idea above? Let me rephrase: will I be able to login with my personal 1Password account on my Iphone and with another 1Password account on the Ipad (both IOS devices use the same Apple ID), without problems with the sync of the secret keys?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Redcap! ๐Ÿ‘‹

That sounds like a workable plan to me! The equivalent of your 1Password account's Emergency Kit that is stored in the iCloud Keychain allows you to add an account to the 1Password app by tapping on an account suggestion and then entering your account password. If you use multiple accounts on devices signed into the same Apple ID then both accounts will show up as suggestions and you can add the correct account to each device. You shouldn't run into any problems.

Let me know if you have any questions. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• Redcap
    Redcap
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,

Done so and it works as you described.

Thanks!
    Steven

• I'm happy to hear that everything worked out properly. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave