The auto-pasted OTP for Wise.com gets rejected by Wise

Options

I need to make frequent transfers using Wise.com. 1P correctly auto-populates the OTP on the verification screen in Safari, but Wise rejects it. Only after I manually paste it in, and it's reformatted in the form field with -'s between the digits, does wise accept the OTP.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.4 (81004032)
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: 13.3.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:OTP Wise not accepted

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zebdro, sorry for the issue you're experiencing on wise.com. To confirm, is 1Password auto-populating the OTP in the wrong format? Could you take a screenshot of that and share it with us? Additionally, if you can share a screenshot of the OTP filled with correct format, that would be great.

Make sure to not include anything like your passwords in the screenshots. For help with taking screenshots, check out this link: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Don't forget to attach the screenshots to your reply. We hope to hear from you again soon.

• xeyr
    xeyr
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here.

How 1P Fills it
    how 1p fills it

How Wise wants it
    how it's typed in

• Hi @xeyr,

It looks like you're running into a know issue with filling a one-time password on wise.com that our development team is aware of and looking into. I have let them know about your experience and apologize for any inconvenience.

In the meantime, you can try to dragging and dropping the one-time password from the 1Password extension into the OTP field, then delete and re-enter the last digit from the code. While not ideal, it could help save a bit of time as opposed to manually entering the entire code.

Can you confirm that this is the same thing you're seeing @zebdro? If so, I'll add you to the list of affected users as well. Hopefully there can be a fix for this in the near future.

ref: dev/core/core#20470

• zebdro
    zebdro
    Community Member
    Options

Same, confirmed.

• Thanks for confirming @zebdro! I've added you to the list of affected users as well and apologize for any inconvenience.

ref: dev/core/core#20470

This discussion has been closed.