Chrome Extension stopped Pre-Filling

Options
shipdriver
shipdriver
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

The correct site does show up in the extension but I'ma copying and pasting. Up until a day or two ago it was prefilling fine now it is not.
I think previously I didn't even have to press "autofill" it would show up next to the input box, I click on it and success. Now even if I click on autofill in the extension nothing happens.

How can I get it to start auto-fill to work again?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• shipdriver
    shipdriver
    Community Member
    Options

bump

• shipdriver
    shipdriver
    Community Member
    Options

solved by re-installing extension

• Hey @shipdriver,

I'm so sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Thank you for the update, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

• shipdriver
    shipdriver
    Community Member
    Options

Hasn't been working with my well-known CRM (Vulcan 7) and it used to work with that one most of the time. Just did not work with Facebook.
    I just cleared cache, cookies, etc with Chrome did a reboot, still no. However, it did just work logging onto this forum. My extension does say I was updated to version 2.11. Been doing copy and paste for the password and just typing my username.

Any tips on how to get autofill more consistent?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• shipdriver
    shipdriver
    Community Member
    Options

So I am having same issue. I just posted another thread about it then went to look at my past threads for updates. I didn't realize I had this same issue 2 months ago. I will re-install but why does this issue keep recurring? My extensions shows it recently updated to 2.11. Is it possible updates cause this? If so, Ima hopin you can get that to stop happening. Thanx.

• shipdriver
    shipdriver
    Community Member
    Options

After starting this thread I went to review past threads to see if there were any updates. It turns out I posted about this same issue 2 months ago. I learned that replacing the extension fixed the issue. I will do that again. seems like a recurring issue. Possibly caused by a recent update to 2.11, not sure. Either way it looks like I'll be replacing my extension every month. Hope not. Still like 1PW👍

• shipdriver
    shipdriver
    Community Member
    Options

update: just reinstalled chrome extension. tried logging intpo carbmanager.com. I went to extension, choose autofill and still no success. I just copy and paste.

• shipdriver
    shipdriver
    Community Member
    Options

update: just reinstalled chrome extension. tried logging intpo carbmanager.com. I went to extension, choose autofill and still no success. I just copy and paste.

• Hey @shipdriver,

I'm sorry for the trouble, can you answer the below questions for me:

Can you let me know what happens when you click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar? Is it just carbmanager.com, you are having trouble with or multiple websites? Do you have the 1Password desktop app installed as well?

This discussion has been closed.