Autofill often doesn't work and site doesn't populate in the extentsion

Options

1Password will never autofill. It will give me a pop-up button to click on that fills the fields. But it really often (maybe most of the time) won't even do that when I get to the login page.
Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? In the settings section for the extension, I've got all the buttons selected under Autofill. And, I didn't bother to make note of any particular sites because it happens so much. Too many to list.

Sometimes it says, 1Password is locked and I've got to enter the password for it to present the button for filling the fields.
Is there a way to change that? It's annoying to have to enter the master password.

Also, when I'm at, say, my bank's website on the login page and there's a problem of some kind, I go to the extension to look at the username/password entry in my vault. I click on the extension and it opens to "All Items" but it doesn't show the page I'm on so I have to do a search for each page to find it because it won't autofill or give me the pop-up button.
Is that a bug or a feature? Is there a way to change that?

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: Windows 11 Home
Browser:_ Vivaldi 5.7.2921.65

Comments

• Hey @pocketlama,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

1Password will never autofill. It will give me a pop-up button to click on that fills the fields. But it really often (maybe most of the time) won't even do that when I get to the login page.

Can you provide me an example of a page where you are experiencing this behaviour? Is it only filling from the inline menu you are having difficulty with?

Sometimes it says, 1Password is locked and I've got to enter the password for it to present the button for filling the fields.

1Password in your browser will share the lock state of your 1Password desktop app. You can amend the auto lock settings here: How to set 1Password to lock automatically.

Also, when I'm at, say, my bank's website on the login page and there's a problem of some kind, I go to the extension to look at the username/password entry in my vault. I click on the extension and it opens to "All Items" but it doesn't show the page I'm on so I have to do a search for each page to find it because it won't autofill or give me the pop-up button.

You can change 1Password to open to suggestions so you see the items relevant to the page you are on, here's how:

1. Right click on the 1Password icon in your toolbar and choose Settings
    2. Set 1 Password to open to 'Suggestions'

I hope the above helps, let us know if you have any questions!

• pocketlama
    pocketlama
    Community Member
    Options

Here's an example of one of the many pages 1Password won't fill, as well as a shot of my settings.

• pocketlama
    pocketlama
    Community Member
    Options

So, I just switched it to "Suggestions," as you said to do, and this is what comes up still. Same as before. I even restarted the browser to see if that helped.

• Hey @pocketlama,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Let's use your LinkedIn item as an example. When you view the item saved in your 1Password account, do you see the website URL of the login paged saved within there? This will need to be present in order for 1Password to know where to fill the credentials.

• pocketlama
    pocketlama
    Community Member
    Options

You know, not getting any response back is pretty disheartening. I'm questioning my decision to subscribe to 1Password.

• pocketlama
    pocketlama
    Community Member
    Options

Now, I see your reply. I didn't see it when I just a minute ago said I had no response.

The answer to your question is yes, there is a URL saved in all entries, that I can remember, anyway.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pocketlama just to check, was this screenshot taken from the extension in the browser with the linkedin.com website open? Suggestions for your Identities would appear on the extension settings (where there would be no logins). However, if you do have a login saved for linkedin.com, then your login should be suggested from the inline menu and from the extension popup.

Could you open the extension settings and share a screenshot of the Accounts & Vaults section? I'd like to ensure that all vaults are enabled.

1. Right click on the 1Password icon in your toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Scroll down to Accounts & Vaults.

Could you also take a screenshot of your login item for linkedin.com and share that with us? I'd like to check on how it has been set up.

Here's an example of what I'd like to see: https://share.cleanshot.com/yYfNZdYC

You can blur out or redact private info such as your account or vault names, passwords, etc. Additionally, if you feel more comfortable sending us those screenshots to us via email, you can do so to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting to the bottom of this. Talk to you again soon.

• pocketlama
    pocketlama
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same idea and changed the linked in URL in the extension yesterday. Now it works (as does my bank, even though I didn't change anything there, it just began to populate today), as you can see by the screenshot. But, after double-checking that it was correct on the Craigslist page, it still doesn't populate and I have to manually search for that login.

• Hey @pocketlama,

I'm so sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I see the website URL for Craigslist is saved within 'Other fields'. Can you try editing the item and move the URL to the 'Website' field and then let me know if you are able to fill?

This discussion has been closed.