nvim package manager Packer broken by update

Options
tmsr
tmsr
Community Member

Hi,

After updating 1Password with the version which supresses prompts from background processes, the Packer plugin manager for neovim has stopped working.

On the prod channel I got errors like «sign_and_send_pubkey: signing failed for ED25519 "MyKey" from agent: agent refused operation». On nightly it just hangs.

I assume what’s happening is that Packer spawns background processes which 1p is supressing. Can I disable this behaviour?

This is on the latest macOS.

Comments

• tmsr
    tmsr
    Community Member
    Options

So this turned out much worse than I initially thought.

I don't know if this started because I attempted to use nightly to resolve this, but I just had to completely remove 1p and revert to 8.9.15 on this machine to make ssh-agent work at all.

This behaviour change is breaking a lot of development workflows, judging by other current issues on this board. Many development environments use background git processes for a lot of different things, and your recent change is inappropriate for a minor version. Especially when there is no way to revert to the old behaviour.

If you expect us to trust 1p to manage ssh keys, then you should properly test and add fallbacks to major behaviour changes like this one.

• Hmm, this should have been fixed already on the nightly channel for macOS. What exactly did you experience there when you tried the nightly version? Did a normal SSH request from the terminal work?

• tmsr
    tmsr
    Community Member
    Options

Normal SSH worked occationally. If I did an authentication to unlock the key for all applications for 12 hours it would work for about a minute, then everything would start timing out again.

As I said I nuked everything 1p and reinstalled 8.9.15, but I have some old configs backed up if you want to take a look at them. That said, they're basically just the documented setup from when the ssh feature was new.

This discussion has been closed.