To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Converting from a single user account to a family account

Options
jeremyballard
jeremyballard
Community Member
edited September 2023 in Memberships

I have a single-user account that was purchased through the Apple App Store. My company just recently adopted 1Password as its primary password application, and included with that is a personal family plan. When attempting to redeem and link my plan I am hit with an error:

Failed to convert account to a 1Password Families account.
Billing Provider Incorrect
ServerError: 481 (billing_provider_incorrect)

I'm assuming this has something to do with me purchasing the single-user subscription through the Apple App Store.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: macOS 13.2.1 (22D68)
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @jeremyballard,

We will be happy to help you with this - to avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

• jeremyballard
    jeremyballard
    Community Member
    Options

NXU-95886-733

• @jeremyballard
    Thank you for providing that, we'll be in touch as soon as possible. :)

ref: NXU-95886-733

• Novad
    Novad
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

How was this problem solved?
    I have the exact same problem:

I have a single-user account that was purchased through the Apple App Store. My company just recently adopted 1Password as its primary password application, and included with that is a personal family plan. When attempting to redeem and link my plan I am hit with an error:

Failed to convert account to a 1Password Families account.
    Billing Provider Incorrect
    ServerError: 481 (billing_provider_incorrect)

I'm assuming this has something to do with me purchasing the single-user subscription through the Apple App Store.

Possible to help me out as well?
    My single subscription in its current form needs to be stopped, converted to a family plan, and included within my company account

• Hi @Novad,

We will be happy to help you with this - to avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support@1password.com/support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Novad
    Novad
    Community Member
    Options

GYD-52454-212

• @Novad

Since we have a direct line of communication going via email, let's continue it there. I'm closing this to prevent duplication of efforts.

This discussion has been closed.