Possibility To View The Full Title Portion Of A Field (Text Gets Cutoff If Too Long...)?

Options
nimvio
nimvio
Community Member
edited April 2023 in iOS

For example, let's say I have a password field and the title is something like "Old passcode for garage (last used on 1/10/23)", it gets cutoff and looks more like "Old passcode for garage (last u...", and sometimes I find it a little tedious to have to "edit" the item and manually fiddle around with the field title to view the whole thing. I apologize if this isn't the best example. But I really like how text fields (below the field title) show the whole thing by simply allowing the text to continue to the next line.

I'm not sure how the folks at 1Password would feel about implementing this, but one possible (although imperfect) solution would be to support landscape mode on devices like iPhone. Maybe someone else has another idea, or the app can be set to not truncate the text.

Update: I forgot another example... This affects items & fields that use the "Security Questions" feature. The security questions end up being cutoff, and it's also the reason I don't use that feature (but otherwise would), & instead create separate fields for the questions and answers.

1Password Version: 1Password for iOS 8.10.5 81005010, on BETA channel
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 16.4.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @nimvio! 👋

Thank you for reporting this! I agree that the text wrapping behaviour should be consistent here and I've opened an internal issue so that our developers can investigate further.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#21436

This discussion has been closed.