Cross-team vault sharing support

Options
earthsol
earthsol
Community Member

Hello,

It's been around 6 years since this thread was posted, I wanted to know if there was any update (if any at all) on the feature request.

https://1password.community/discussion/83783/share-more-than-one-vault-to-a-guest

As more & more people use 1Password, or are open to switching to it, it becomes less-than-ideal & less convincing if we're all part of different teams / families / businesses & the only way to share a vault is to pay more to have a new team that is then shared across the relevant members.

Example of what the topology would look like:

• Family Account #1, User #1
  • Team Account #2, User #2
  • Business Account #3, User #3

If in the above scenario user #2 wanted to create multiple vaults & share them with both User #1 & #3, one vault with User #1, & another with User #3, the only way that could be possible would be to create a new Team Account #4 & have Users #1 & #3 also create accounts under that team.

Thank you!

Takumi

1Password Version: 8.10.4 & 7.9.9
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: macOS 13.3.1 & 10.14.6
Browser:_ Safari, Firefox, Chrome

Comments

• ag_max
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @earthsol, thanks for taking the time to bring this up.

There haven't been any developments when it comes to cross-account vault sharing. At the moment, 1Password accounts are independent silos fully containing users, vaults, and items. Vaults can only be accessed by a team member or guest with the necessary permissions on the team.

If you'd like to share individual items from a specific vault in an account, you can make use of the newer item sharing feature, where you can share a unique link. This is most helpful for infrequently sharing of single items and documents, though I realize this doesn't replace the benefits of long-term vault sharing.

Securely share 1Password items with anyone

As that thread was created a number of years ago, I'll go ahead and pass on your fresh feedback internally so we can continue to track interest.

ref: pb-32514491

This discussion has been closed.