1Password auto-lock not functioning correctly

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password seems to auto lock itself quickly despite my setting.

Comments

• WhistlePig
    WhistlePig
    Community Member
    Options

Has this issue been resolved? I'm having the same problem with Firefox on a Mac Mini running Catalina.

• @WhistlePig

I've split your comment into a new thread. Can you tell me a little more about the issue that you're facing? When specifically is 1Password locking on your Mac? Randomly or after your Mac wakes from sleep?

Have you configured auto-lock so that 1Password locks only as often as you desire: How to set 1Password to lock automatically

-Dave

• WhistlePig
    WhistlePig
    Community Member
    Options

I think the problem I was having has to do with auto locking when my Mac goes to sleep. As a test, I've have disabled the app setting so it doesn't connect with the browser. By doing that, I can access the granular lock settings in the browser extension, and turn off lock when going to sleep, leaving the system idle time as the lock trigger. This has been my pet peeve since jumping from 1P6 to 1P8.

• @WhistlePig

Thank you for the additional details. When app integration with the browser was enabled and you ran into the issue can you tell me if you had the following setting turned on:

You can find it here:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click on Settings.
    4. Click on Security.

-Dave

• WhistlePig
    WhistlePig
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,
    Yes, I did have that setting turned on. Now I wonder how that works with the idle time setting, which I had set to 4 hours. Would leaving it unchecked be better, so that the idle time setting controls the locking?

• @WhistlePig

If you have "Lock on sleep, screensaver, or switching users" turned on then 1Password will lock when any of those conditions are met. The "Lock after the computer is idle for" is a different setting that will only apply as long as the conditions of the first setting are not triggered.

So if you'd like to avoid having 1Password lock when your Mac sleeps you'll need to turn off "Lock on sleep, screensaver, or switching users". Let me know if I misunderstood the situation.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.