Integrated with Okta, now getting a random Safari window after auth

Options
Ryan Parman
Ryan Parman
Community Member
edited April 2023 in Business and Teams

Context: I've been a 1Password user since 2009. I've had a family plan since they were first made available. I've been using 1Password 8 since the early betas.

Yesterday, my company started rolling-out 1Password via Okta integration. I promptly got it setup in my already-installed Mac client, and everything works (mostly) as expected.

Here's the issue:

My family account and my work account are both added to my Mac client. For my family account, I can use Touch ID on my Mac keyboard, and it unlocks.

However, when I unlock my work account, it bounces out to Okta in my web browser (Safari Technology Preview), then (since I'm logged in) the browser prompts me to open back in 1Password (cancel/allow). But when this happens, a single Safari window (vanilla Safari) opens to about:blank.

This wasn't happening before adding Okta integration (yesterday, for me), and only happens when auth'ing over Okta and back.

Caveat: I'm also running the latest beta release of 1P8 for Mac. Not sure if this is an Okta integration issue or a Beta issue.

1Password Version: 8.10.5 (81005010)
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: macOS 13.4 β
Browser:_ STP r167 (Safari 16.4, WebKit 18616.1.8.2)

Comments

• ag_max
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi Ryan Parman,

First, thanks for being a longtime 1Password supporter throughout the years. To ensure we're able to investigate and work with you privately, I've moved this discussion to email so we can help investigate further. You should see an email with a notification in your inbox. One of my colleagues will reply as soon as they're available. 👍

ref: ZD-#129725

This discussion has been closed.