1P doesn't offer to save login info on a new site

Options

For security reasons, I am glad I switched from LastPass over to 1Password, but I am still going through withdrawls with the experience with the 1P browser extension.

My most recent frustration is the lack of a prompt to save credentials on a new site. It is not consistent or reliable.

• Recent example: https://kort.medbridgego.com/ for some PT I'm having for my shoulder.
  • I signed up, and was never prompted by 1P to save it, so I manually opened the 1P browser extension, selected New Item, and filled in the requisite info (including the URL seen in my screenshot) and saved it. Great.
  • But then yesterday, I went to the Kort site, and there was no 1P prompt to populate the fields.
  • I opened the browser extension menu, and nothing showed under Suggestions, so I selected All Items. Still nothing.
  • I then typed in Kort into the search field: nothing!

I opened the 1Password site and discovered my Kort info was saved in Private. I assume that is why it didn't appear even via Search?

I have since changed my default Vault to be one of my other common vaults, in hopes that solves that issue.
I learned that I needed to go to the full Desktop app to move my Kort card over to my Medical vault, as it appears you cannot move items via the 1P site. That is a drag, because I predominantly live on my Pixelbook, and rarely use a full-on Windows machine.

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.10.0 (20245, on BETA channel)
OS Version: Chrome
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• MultiMatt
    MultiMatt
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, now that I moved the Kort card over to my Medical vault, once I locked and unlocked the Extension, and went to the Kort site, the info was there to populate. Yay.

But there still lies the issue of why 1P often fails to offer to save credentials for a new site?

• ChrisC1P
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hey @MultiMatt thanks for writing to us.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password not offering to save your items. That is definitely not the normal behaviour.

Would you mind trying to create a login on our test site with the following steps?

1. Navigate to this site -> https://fill.dev/form/registration-email
    2. Manually type in a test email.
    3. Either manually enter a password twice or click the suggested password offered below the password field.
    4. Save the login with the prompt that appears.
    5. Search for the item in 1Password.

If you still aren't able to save the item, can you let me know where things went wrong or if you see an error message such as "Unable to save" or anything of that nature?

You mentioned that you weren't able to see the item when it was in your private vault. Can you try the following steps to see which vaults 1Password for Chrome has access to?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar and choose "Settings".
    2. Scroll down to the "Accounts & Vaults" section.

Do you see a checkmark next to your "Private" vault?

I understand it may not be as obvious as moving items in the app, but it's possible to move an item to another vault. Once you've found and selected the item you wish to move on 1Password.com, you can click the box with an arrow coming out of it and choose move, then select a vault to move it to.

Let me know if you have any questions!

• MultiMatt
    MultiMatt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ChrisC1P

thanks for the quick response!
    I can confirm the second item as affirmative- there is a checkmark beside the Private vault, so I should be able to see it in Chrome.

Interesting findings on the test you wanted me to do - as soon as I began typing in the email field, I saw the "Save in 1Password" bubble.
    I populated it with an email address, then moved to the Password field, and was going to opt to use the suggested password, and it would not let me! The suggested password appeared, but I could not click to use it!

So, I went ahead and manually typed in a password in both fields, and the "Save in 1Password" bubble appeared for those fields as well. I selected to save it, but received an unable to save item error:

On a separate note, thanks for the info on how to move an item to another vault. It is not intuitive to use the share icon to do such a thing! I think that should be user tested - you would find it's not a good choice for what that icon represents! :)

• Hey @MultiMatt,

I'm sorry for the trouble, can you try these steps to re-sync your account which may help with the issues you are experiencing:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Go back to General, and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

Let us know how it goes and if you run into any issues with these steps.

• MultiMatt
    MultiMatt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I did these steps, and it fixed the issue. Curious, this is the second time I have rectified issues using this same set of recommended steps. Frustrating to have to do all that! Is it related to issues with Chrome?

Still, thanks for getting me up & running again!

• Hey @MultiMatt,

I agreed that it is frustrating. There are a couple of reasons why 1Password in the browser can lose connection with your 1Password app so those steps to toggle the integration off and on again generally get things back on track.

That being said, the 'Unable to save' issue you have ran into here is one that our developers and working on a fix for.

Sorry for the disruption!

This discussion has been closed.