Exiting on 4/24. have personal pre-existing account w/ company vault merged. what happen on 4/24?

Options
athaler
athaler
Community Member

I'm being told by the IT guy that when I leave I will lose everything but I don't believe that as my 1Password account pre-dates my employment with the company. When I joined I was able to merge the company vault with my account. Can you confirm that when I leave the company vault will disappear but my other personal vaults tied to my email account and secret key will remain? I'm in a panic over here. Thanks.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: 10.4
OS Version: Mac
Browser:_ chrome
Referrer: forum-search:separating business and personal vaults

Comments

• ag_max
    Options

Hi Athaler,

If you have your own 1Password account and are using it as an individual or as a family, you'll retain access to it even after you leave your company. Any vaults stored in your own individual or family account, if you have one, will stay with you.

If you'd like us to confirm your setup or work with you privately, please feel free to send us an email at businesssupport@1password.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, feel free to post the ticket number you receive so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

This discussion has been closed.