Feature Refine Request - CSV Export All Info

Options
joshhuggins
joshhuggins
Community Member

Just wanted to give a little bump to the request of being able to do a Export to CSV and have it include all Categories and Item sections & fields. Because 1Password rocks, πŸ˜ƒ we have lots of other important info in places other than just usernames and passwords. Thanks for the consideration!

And it's just for offline temporary use of course! πŸ˜‰

1Password Version: 8.10.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 11 22H2 22621.1555
Browser:_ Brave

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @joshhuggins, thanks for reaching out, and for your kind words! I understand that you'd like to see an "Export all info" option for CSV exports, rather than just exporting usernames and passwords.

I would be happy to file a feature request for this on your behalf. Could you tell me a little more about your particular use case here? For example, in what type of situations would you make and use these export files? Is there a reason that the 1PUX export format doesn't work for your situation? Are there any specific item types and fields you'd like to see added to CSV exports more than others? The more details you can provide, the better, as this will help us to understand your needs and file a detailed feature request on your behalf.

I look forward to hearing from you! πŸ˜„

• joshhuggins
    joshhuggins
    Community Member
    Options

So for the including other fields during the export part, we have TONS of useful information in almost all of the other field types from the '+add more' popup when editing items for many, many of our accounts. Things like medical info, recovery keys, security questions, etc., all stuff we would like to have accessible for the export. The old export (v7 and earlier I believe ?) would export everything which was nice, it took more cleanup of course, but it was manageable to cleanup and work with.

The reason for the export is we export the data and give an encrypted thumb drive & encrypted file to my in-laws stored in a well hidden safe at their house in the event of something happening to my wife or myself to be able to handle our affairs due to our health issues. They are not to tech savvy and this bridges the gap for them to have access to our data if needed.

Thanks for the reply, it's appreciated!

• joshhuggins
    joshhuggins
    Community Member
    Options

MrC was kind enough to point me to the converter suite, which did the trick for me exporting to a 1pux file, sweet!

I would still suggest to working towards having the CSV exporter within 1PW get to the point to handle it itself as the Perl execution might be a bit much for novice users, but at least there is a way to get there now. Thank you both again!

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @joshhuggins, It's great to hear that MrC was able to help you out here, and thanks for taking the time to get back to me with these additional details!

I've filed your feedback with our product team including all of the information you've provided here. Don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any further suggestions or questions πŸ˜„

ref: 32610464

This discussion has been closed.