Microsoft Edge has an update available, except it doesn't

Options
3l3phant
3l3phant
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm getting repeatedly prompted to enter my password when opening the browser extension in Microsoft Edge. I'm using extension version 2.10.0 and Edge version 114.0.1793.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit). The message is "Microsoft Edge has an update available. Restart Microsoft Edge to install the update and reconnect with 1Password." I've tried manually checking to see if Edge has an update available, but it doesn't. Could this be an issue with my using the Dev version of Edge?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• Hi @313phant, thanks for reaching out to us!

If you restart your computer, does the issue persist? Additionally, do you have the 1Password app installed on this device? If so, can you confirm which version?

I look forward to hearing from you!

• edspar
    edspar
    Community Member
    Options

I'm getting this constantly as well.
    Latest 1Password Extensions (non-beta).
    Happens on Edge Stable and Edge Dev.
    Windows 11 Pro.

• Hey @edspar,

I'd like to understand a little more about your specific set up.

Can you answer the questions my colleague has asked above:

If you restart your computer, does the issue persist? Additionally, do you have the 1Password app installed on this device? If so, can you confirm which version?

This will be really helpful, thank you!

• edspar
    edspar
    Community Member
    Options

For sure.
    Issue persists after restarts of Browsers, Apps and Computers, but appears to be somewhat random in nature.

I do have the 1Password App as well, and using the integration.

Additional Details:
    From browser extension:
    1Password in the browser 2.10.0 20246, on STABLE channel

From desktop app:
    1Password for Windows 8.10.6 (81006027) on Production channel.

Thanks!

• Thank you for getting back to me @edspar.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!

• edspar
    edspar
    Community Member
    Options

Thank Steph. Next time it happens I will do so!

• Thank you @edspar.

This discussion has been closed.